AnchorFree enables millions of users with security, privacy, and freedom. AnchorFree’s Hotspot Shield is the world’s most popular consumer VPN (virtual private network). It has taken off through a grass roots movement of Internet users interested in a free and simply way to stay secure and private online. AnchorFree provides free privacy protection and secure encrypted browsing for main stream consumers. In regions where many sites are censored; AnchorFree enables access to all sites, democratizing the Internet, and proliferating freedom of information. Millions of users in emerging regions use AnchorFree as an enabler to get to Google, Facebook, YouTube, Skype and many other sites/services that are censored. AnchorFree enables users with secure and private browsers across computers, laptops, phones and tablets. AnchorFree’s Hotspot Shield has been downloaded more than 60 million times, and is addressing a market of 1.5 billion internet users.
In addition to driving positive revenue and user growth, AnchorFree is making a major impact on the world by enabling access to all information online, breaking down borders, and proliferating user privacy. The AnchorFree founders won the INC Magazine 30 Under 30 Award in 2011.
AnchorFree is looking for a technical Project Manager to focus on multiple technology initiatives in relating to deployment of various internal and external projects. The position requires a balance of in depth technical knowledge; with strong project and task management. This role requires detailed documentation, ability to prioritize, document, and launch projects successfully. The Project Manager is responsible for working with both the engineering and business teams to deliver projects in a timely manner. The role requires translating engineering specs into business requirements and translating business requirements into product development documentation. This role has a high impact on the organization and plays a key role in product launches.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Put together engineering documentation, through in-depth technical analysis and working with engineers.
- Work with product managers and engineers to take product plans from spec to launch.
- Translate engineering documentation into business documentation.
- Work on PRD’s and translate them into engineering specs.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise plans as appropriate to meet the ever changing project needs and requirements.
- Develop the deliverables, milestones, and tasks for projects.
- Manage complex project timelines, tasks, and development efforts with both the internal engineering team and business team.
- Identify and effectively communicate project requirements with a diverse group of roles within our organization and customers' organizations to deliver products on schedule.
- Work with engineers to deliver products based on company timelines.
- Develop repeatable and scalable processes to improve project quality.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and lead implementation of changes.
- Work with Project Teams to understand project roadmap and align development roadmap with the project roadmap.
- Job Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Experience in managing projects that reach millions of consumers.
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, building relationships.
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Experience using project tracking tools.
- Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Experience managing more then 5 projects at the same time.
- Experience working as a developer in the past.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
To apply please email your resume to: