AnchorFree believes in placing consumers in control of their personal information online. The company’s mission is to enable secure access to the world’s information for an addressable market of 5 billion people who access the Web through computers or mobile devices. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world’s most popular app for safe browsing. Hotspot Shield secures all Internet communications, protects the user’s identity online, and provides universal access to all Internet content.
Hotspot Shield has been downloaded more than 200 million times and is the number one security app on the iPhone. Hotspot Shield has over 100 million monthly user sessions. Securing over 4 billion pages per month for its users, AnchorFree is ranked among the top 50 online destinations as far as total traffic (by Quantcast).
AnchorFree is funded by blue chip investors that include: Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (former chairman and CEO of MCI), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM); Esther Dyson, Subrah Iyar (founder of WebEx), Greg Coleman (former president of Huffington Post), Rick Roth (former CEO of OgilvyAction). AnchorFree is located at the heart of Silicon Valley - Mountain View, CA. The office contains a gym, foosball, a pool table, ping pong, free food and drinks.
AnchorFree is looking for all-star Network Engineer to become part of their talented team of engineers! Responsible for installing, maintaining and monitoring AnchorFree’s network operations. Candidate will help our team manage our production environment in our 9 data centers around the world with over 600 systems servicing our users. Candidate is expected to apply their base of technical, operational, process or project skills to identify opportunities for process improvement, lead portions of projects or processes, and bring new knowledge into the organization. This position interfaces with the engineering and operations teams.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Network Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the AnchorFree’s network infrastructure
- Prepare network gear for deployment in the data centers
- Troubleshoot internal and external applications, hardware problems, or network links
- Formulating and implementing monitoring policies, procedures and standards relating to network monitoring
- Implement and manage peering relationships with peering exchange members
- Optimize network routes to decrease latency and improve quality of service
- Balance network traffic between multiple carriers
- Ensure that all Sys Admin projects are documented, including design documents, ongoing status reports, and summary reports
- Maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Test new technologies that can be implemented for more productive environment
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Conduct emergency maintenance
- Perform regular security monitoring to prevent / identify any possible intrusions.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Experience working Juniper MX and EX network equipment
- Scripting and programming skills (Shell, Awk, Perl)
- Working knowledge of standard infrastructure tools. (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH, SVN etc).
- 5-7 years of Network Administration experience with high availability systems
- Experience with BGP configuration and Peering
- Experience developing system automation tools (using scripting language or config management tools)
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills through resolution; understanding problem from the network, OS, and application levels
- Comfortable in a colocation environment, with regards to power and cable management, cooling, and adherence to installation standards
- Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Exposure to database technologies (MySQL, Hadoop and others)
- Experience working for a network provider (ISP) as a network engineer or similar
- Experience with high availability systems and storage solutions / architectures
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
To apply please email your resume to: