AnchorFree believes in placing consumers in control of their personal information online. The company’s mission is to enable secure access to the world’s information for an addressable market of 5 billion people who access the Web through computers or mobile devices. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world’s most popular app for safe browsing. Hotspot Shield secures all Internet communications, protects the user’s identity online, and provides universal access to all Internet content.
Hotspot Shield has been downloaded more than 150 million times and is the number one security app on the iPhone. Hotspot Shield has over 100 million monthly user sessions. Securing over 4 billion pages per month for its users, AnchorFree is ranked among the top 50 online destinations as far as total traffic (by Quantcast).
AnchorFree is funded by blue chip investors that include: Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (former chairman and CEO of MCI), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM); Esther Dyson, Subrah Iyar (founder of WebEx), Greg Coleman (former president of Huffington Post), Rick Roth (former CEO of OgilvyAction). AnchorFree is located at the heart of Silicon Valley - Mountain View, CA. The office contains a gym, foosball, a pool table, ping pong, free food and drinks.
The goal of this position is to acquire users through social media, blogs/forums, search engine marketing, and viral innovative online strategies. This position requires a deep understanding of technology and a track record of growing online user bases through numerous approaches. This position requires significant interaction with users, support of the Facebook and Twitter pages, growing fans on Facebook and followers on Twitter. Furthermore the role requires media buying, SEM, and direct response marketing.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Designing and Implementing Innovative Strategies for growing users.
- Media Buying/Direct Response Marketing/SEM: Ability to buy
advertising to promote online products to large amounts of users.
Driving ROI on the advertising bought. Specifically mapping dollars ad
dollars spent to the amount of users acquired.
- Growing Users through Social Media: Getting Fans on Facebook and
followers on Twitter. Posting comments on blogs and forums. Managing
a small international team of contractors.
- Interacting with users/Support on Facebook: Supporting users and answering user questions about the product.
- Job Qualifications:
- Requires 4 - 6 years of relevant experience.
- Must be passionate about technology and the Internet overall.
- Demonstrated superior conceptual and strategic thinking and deep understanding of the Internet and the online ad space.
- Strong understanding of product from a technical point of view.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills (numeric and qualitative). Data and analyses driven.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and graphical).
- Creative, out-of-box thinker
- High degree of attention to detail
- Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Top tier school preferred.
- International marketing experience.
- Strong work ethic, can do attitude, ability to multi-task.
- A track record of innovative and effective user acquisition techniques.
- A CS degree or an equivalent that illustrates strong technical abilities.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
To apply please email your resume to: