AnchorFree believes in placing consumers in control of their personal information online. The company’s mission is to enable secure access to the world’s information for an addressable market of 5 billion people who access the Web through computers or mobile devices. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world’s most popular app for safe browsing. Hotspot Shield secures all Internet communications, protects the user’s identity online, and provides universal access to all Internet content.
Hotspot Shield has been downloaded more than 200 million times and is the number one security app on the iPhone. Hotspot Shield has over 100 million monthly user sessions. Securing over 4 billion pages per month for its users, AnchorFree is ranked among the top 50 online destinations as far as total traffic (by Quantcast).
AnchorFree is funded by blue chip investors that include: Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (former chairman and CEO of MCI), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM); Esther Dyson, Subrah Iyar (founder of WebEx), Greg Coleman (former president of Huffington Post), Rick Roth (former CEO of OgilvyAction). AnchorFree is located at the heart of Silicon Valley - Mountain View, CA. The office contains a gym, foosball, a pool table, ping pong, free food and drinks.
Are you interested in developing algorithms that increase relevancy of the content offered to the free users while respecting their privacy and anonymity? Would you like to impact millions of users world-wide? If you're an engineer who is passionate about data, quality, results, and innovation; if you have experience applying information retrieval, natural language processing, or machine learning techniques to solve practical business problems; if you are a creative problem-solver; if you build prototypes for breakfast, then we want to hear from you!
- Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and optimize new ways to present additional content to VPN users while they are browsing the Web
- Develop and optimize real-time content analysis tools to increase relevancy of offered content
- Apply state of the art machine learning algorithms to improve user experience and business results
- Job Qualifications:
- Practical knowledge and understanding of the state of the art data-mining and machine-learning techniques
- Extensive experience programming on Unix Platforms.
- Good knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Experience with cross-platform, cross-browser development
- Experience working in startups and small team environments
- A track record of delivering quality bug-free code on schedule
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- Masters degree in computer science (machine learning) with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Industry experience, especially in a consumer internet or online advertising related setting
- Experience with natural language processing, contextual analysis, keyword extraction, summarization
- Experience with OSS learning packages like Mahout, scipy, weka, etc.
- Knowledge of Perl, Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with searching and indexing
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
To apply please email your resume to: