AnchorFree believes in placing consumers in control of their personal information online. The company’s mission is to enable secure access to the world’s information for an addressable market of 5 billion people who access the Web through computers or mobile devices. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world’s most popular app for safe browsing. Hotspot Shield secures all Internet communications, protects the user’s identity online, and provides universal access to all Internet content.
Hotspot Shield has been downloaded more than 120 million times and is the number one security app on the iPhone. Hotspot Shield has over 100 million monthly user sessions. Securing over 4 billion pages per month for its users, AnchorFree is ranked among the top 50 online destinations as far as total traffic (by Quantcast).
AnchorFree is funded by blue chip investors that include: Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (former chairman and CEO of MCI), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM); Esther Dyson, Subrah Iyar (founder of WebEx), Greg Coleman (former president of Huffington Post), Rick Roth (former CEO of OgilvyAction). AnchorFree is located at the heart of Silicon Valley - Mountain View, CA. The office contains a gym, foosball, a pool table, ping pong, free food and drinks.
AnchorFree is looking for a Windows developer to become part of their talented team of engineers! Responsible for developing and maintaining our software on Windows platform that services millions of our users worldwide. You should be proficient in developing application on Windows using Visual Studio and be aware of general pitfalls associated with Windows platform. You will be a part of work together with our entire development staff to improve the stability and reliability of our products.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, implementation, and deployment of application-level server software for Linux/Unix Operating System, including Virtual Private Network Server and content-modifying Proxy Server.
- Specifically for content-modifying Proxy Server, design and develop linguistic processing and lexical analysis algorithms to identify and modify elements of complex, obfuscated textual units written in computer languages with known grammar and syntax rules, in order to re-direct client’s Web browsing through the Proxy Server.
- Design and develop system-level server software for Linux/Unix Operating System, including firewalls, deep packet inspection and filtering, Internet traffic protocol optimizations
- Gather requirements, acquire resources, and promote communication in a distributed office environment
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members
- Job Qualifications:
- Master in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, Computer Science or related plus 2 years post master degree experience in software development
- Bachelor in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, Computer Science or related plus 5 years progressive experience in software development
- Experience in or knowledge of: theory of language grammar and syntax to develop the linguistic processing and lexical analysis algorithms; server-side application development (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP stack); server-side system programming (firewalls, deep packet inspection, traffic protocol optimizations); Linux/Unix administration
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
To apply please email your resume to: