AnchorFree enables consumers with secure browsing and privacy online through its popular Hotspot Shield application. Hotspot Shield is the world's most popular consumer virtual private network (VPN). Hotspot Shield is becoming the standard for users browsing the web securely on desktop and mobile devices. It is also an enabler for accessing content for expats and users in markets with restrictions or censorship. Hotspot Shield has been downloaded more than 150 million times and is the number one security app on the iPhone. Hotspot Shield has over 100 million monthly user sessions. Securing over 3 billion pages per month for its users, AnchorFree is ranked among the top 60 online destinations as far as total traffic (by Quantcast). AnchorFree is funded by blue chip investors that include: Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (former chairman and CEO of MCI), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM); Esther Dyson, Subrah Iyar (founder of Webex), Greg Coleman (former president of Huffington Post), Rick Roth (former CEO of OgilvyAction). AnchorFree is located at the heart of Silicon Valley, in Mountain View, CA. The offices contain a gym, foosball, a pool table, ping pong, free food and drinks.
The Analyst will work closely with AnchorFree business team to identifying and answer key business and strategic questions. This role will be responsible for delivering insightful analyses with actionable recommendations from AnchorFree business operations. The successful candidate will report directly to the management team. Specific analyses and projects will include measuring the efficacy and ROI of all Marketing expenditures, recommendations on pricing structure for major product categories as the business evolves, and the evaluation of key performance indicators to draw insights and actions. The ideal candidate believes in the power of the team, has an enormous amount of energy and will continuously promote a positive atmosphere throughout the team and organization!
- Job Responsibilities:
- Create the daily executive report of key campaign, revenue, and profit data
- Identify, quantify and explore key phenomena in the data, then work cross-functionally with the marketing, product, and engineering teams to surface the insights and recommend a course of action
- Lead AnchorFree’s data capture, analysis and reporting efforts
- Lend statistical and technical expertise to the Marketing and Business Development teams for ad hoc analysis and strategic decisions
- Advise and problem solve on web analytics data needs
- Draw Insights and recommendations on site-related metrics
- Present recommendations to senior leadership
- Job Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience working on large and complex analysis problems ideally in a quantitative consulting or corporate analytics environment; experience in an online marketing organization or e-commerce a plus
- Strong track record of performing complex financial and statistical analyses to generate data driven insights
- Extensive experience conducing quantitative and qualitative analyses processing large amounts of consumer and operational data
- Experience measuring and analyzing marketing campaign performance, acquisition programs, loyalty and other retention programs, customer lifecycle, etc.
- Knowledge of web analytics (conversion, campaigns, funnels) and associated system such as Google Analytics
- MS Access and/or MySQL Developer savvy; Excel power user assumed
- Superior statistical and quantitative reasoning skills (e.g. forecasting key metrics, regression, correlation analyses, and economic modeling
- High aptitude for identifying phenomena in data and investigating them thoroughly through rapid hypothesis formulation and testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of strategic and competitive issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- B.S. degree with strong emphasis on Math, Statistics, Engineering, computer science, or other quant-intensive science required; MS or MBA preferred
- Preferable Job Qualifications:
- Top tier school preferred
- International business development experience.
- Deep knowledge and contacts to consumer focused Internet security
companies, web browsers, consumer facing mobile products, and online ad
- Strong work ethic, can do attitude, ability to multi-task
- Strong experience with Freemium models
- M&A skills are not required, but a plus.
- A CS or MBA degree or an equivalent that illustrates strong technical and business abilities.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Small gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Easy Access to Caltrain and Light Rail (free pass)
- New Laptop (mac or pc) and Monitor
- Employee discounts on HP, Apple and Verizon
To apply please email your resume to: