AnchorFree believes in placing consumers in control of their personal information online. The company’s mission is to enable secure access to the world’s information for an addressable market of 5 billion people who access the Web through computers or mobile devices. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world’s most popular app for safe browsing. Hotspot Shield secures all Internet communications, protects the user’s identity online, and provides universal access to all Internet content.
Hotspot Shield has been downloaded more than 120 million times and is the number one security app on the iPhone. Hotspot Shield has over 100 million monthly user sessions. Securing over 4 billion pages per month for its users, AnchorFree is ranked among the top 50 online destinations as far as total traffic (by Quantcast).
AnchorFree is funded by blue chip investors that include: Goldman Sachs, Bert Roberts (former chairman and CEO of MCI), Doug Maine (former CFO of IBM); Esther Dyson, Subrah Iyar (founder of WebEx), Greg Coleman (former president of Huffington Post), Rick Roth (former CEO of OgilvyAction). AnchorFree is located at the heart of Silicon Valley - Mountain View, CA. The office contains a gym, foosball, a pool table, ping pong, free food and drinks.
The new CFO will lead the company's finance organization, align the finance and business strategies, develop plans for the company's capital structure and support an aggressive growth strategy. In addition, the position is responsible for establishing and maintaining corporate relations with investors and for leading the external communications of the company. The successful candidate will have strong business skills, a collegial, "roll-up-your-sleeves" style, and the breadth, substance and intellect to drive AnchorFree financial vision.
The CFO will be expected to navigate the company through their evolution to a U.S. public company while bringing "broad operational shoulders" to help the management team execute on their objectives. As the organization's top financial executive it is expected he/she will ensure the financial resources are available to meet strategic objectives while safeguarding the assets of the company.
Based in the company's headquarters, the new CFO will be expected to cultivate a strong relationship with the chief executive officer and the board of directors and quickly become a key contributor to the senior leadership team.
The right candidate will have substantial experience with Mergers & Acquisitions in the consumer software or consumer Internet space.
- Major Responsibilities:
- Drive strategic financial vision and all corporate finance activities which include
leading the company's "IPO program" and scaling the organization for rapid expansion.
- Create, build and maintain a corporate financial plan which
ties together all important financial criteria and strategic objectives, as well as
budgets and operating plans.
- Working closely with Corporate Development and the management team, help define and execute on acquisitions and strategic initiatives.
- Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Oversees international subsidiaries and international tax strategy.
- Directs procedures and computer application systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Analyzes operational issues impacting functional groups and the whole institution, and determines their business and financial impact.
- Evaluates and recommends business partnering opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with shareholders, financial institutions, and the investment community.
- Special projects and requests as assigned
- Ideal Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years of broad-based financial and business experience with an
excellent track record of achievement as a Chief Financial Officer in a high growth
technology company, ideally in the software and/or consumer Internet space.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial high growth environment with the competencies to
scale a business, make tactical investment decisions, while being financially savvy. Possess business acumen to anticipate uncertainty, manage risk, embrace change and drive sound decision-making throughout the organization.
- CPA is preferred.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker regarding competitive strategy, business models and
financial management. Ideally, within the SaaS and consumer Internet space.
- Strong leadership skills marked by collaborative team orientation and an apolitical
style. The ability to motivate team members at all levels to create a dynamic
environment with highly productive staff.
- Experience taking a business/company through multiple phases of its lifecycle;
organic growth, mergers and acquisitions and preferably experience in a successful
- Operationally oriented, strategic thinker who has worked closely with operations to
understand the key levers and where appropriate change can have real impact.
- A high degree of technical acumen that enables understanding of a complex, rapidly
- Unconditional integrity and commitment to financial accuracy.
- Critical Competencies for Success:
- Strategic Partner: Serve as a key member of the top management team in developing
and implementing strategic business plans, including operating initiatives, acquisitions
and capital raising. Act as a thought leader in providing analytical insight and
perspective to the executive team and management with respect to measures such as
revenue, EBITDA and cash flow..
- Creative Problem Solver: Creative business and operations ideas, ability to drive innovations, solve hard challenges, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Operational Financial Analysis and Leadership: Improve, or develop new, business processes to assess enterprise-wide financial effectiveness for greater transparency, more accurate reporting and better identification of cost saving opportunities. Oversee the development of capital allocation and strategic plans to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources. Help lead the development of future financial strategies; establish annual financial goals; monitor and analyze ongoing performance against these objectives. Develop high quality financial information and analysis to provide context and insight to decision makers across the company.
- Capital Markets: Play a leading role in defining the company's financial structure and
balance sheet management. Interface with and maintain strong relationships with research analysts, portfolio managers, global M&A professionals and investment officers. Play a key role in conducting external presentations. Develop appropriate benchmarking tools including comparisons to the company's primary competitors.
- Team Leader: Provide strong leadership in the development, recruitment, training and
development of top quality financial talent to ensure the finance organization has a
high level of performance and productivity. Instill a culture that emphasizes
accountability and transparency among the finance team and a strong working
relationship with the operations team.
To apply please email your resume to: